Thursday 19 February 2015

Injury

Gosh, has it really been this long since my last post? Apologies. 

The reason for my silence is that I've been diagnosed with an RSI injury to my right hand. Yes - I am right handed. 

The RSI (repetitive strain injury) means that I am unable to use my right hand without pain. It is proving to be a real problem because it means that I am struggling to work and perform day-to-day tasks let alone typing and sewing. 
My doctor has prescribed pain killers and I've been told to rest the hand. 

Sadly this has meant no sewing and no jewellery making for months now :0(. My craft room is sitting empty and my curtain making has gone on hold. It is intensely frustrating. 

I am currently considering resorting to machine sewing so that I can at least finish my curtains. Normally, I use a mix of hand sewing and machine sewing when I'm curtain making as I prefer hand finished edges.  

The good news is that I've found a stash of stitching that I've completed and never shown you so I'll be posting some pictures of that soon.