Friday 4 April 2014

Berry Needle Organiser

I wanted something large enough to hold a set of gold needles in different sizes and other useful items such as safety pins and large eye needles out of sight.

I started with a large rectangle and folded it into quarters, lengthwise.   

In the first quarter I stitched the same berry sprigs facing each other to form the front and the back of the case. For the fold line I used the same four stitch finishing technique that I used on the purse and added another handmade fastener with a pearl and a handmade loop. 




For the inside I stitched a rectangle, a square and then another rectangle in rows of three.  On the fold line between the lines of squares I used the same four stitch. 

I decorated the first three squares with excerpts from the pattern. These are visible as soon as the needle organiser is opened. I stitched them for my precious gold needles. 


I left the remaining squares plain for my larger ordinary needles and safety pins.