Tuesday 8 April 2014

Berry Needle Threader

I find that I need more help threading my needle as I get older. 

Some time ago I bought a little red needle threader that also cuts thread. It is a great tool but there is no way to attach it to a bag. It is very small and it has a tendency to slip to the bottom and to get lost! 

I decided to solve the problem by making a tiny little purse to hold the needle threader which would hang from the loop inside the Berry Stitcher's Purse. 

I embroidered a little white flower and leaf on a tiny rectangle of linen. I used the same green thread for the outline and another pearl and handmade loop as a fastener. It is not much bigger than the Berry Magnetic Needle Rest that I showed you yesterday and so it is light enough to hang from the same gold plated loop.