Monday 23 June 2014

Bear Bag

Regular readers will know that I've been making some stitching accessories substantially based on an LHN pattern called 'Bear Tree Forest.' I loved the bears, birds, squirrels and the forest but I wasn't too keen on the little house and snowman that made up much of the left hand side of the pattern. 

I've got a picture of a bag for bobbins hanging from a work lamp on my Pinterest board called 'Inspiration.' I decided to make something similar and retire my highland cow accessories (now sold for charity). 

I decided to make a shallow embroidered bag to hang from my floor standing embroidery frame. It will hold my magnetic pattern board, bobbins, thimble purse, pin cushion etc. 




For the front of the bag I omitted the house and added a tree lined hillside, snow and more bears. I also made some other tweaks!


For the back I used the same extract from the LHN 'Woodland Sampler' pattern that I stitched on the purse.


I lined the bag with the same sage green linen and added a hand made label as a finishing touch.


Finally, I stitched some little trees to the base of the handles and lined them with the same sage green linen.