Thursday 19 June 2014

Confession 

I tweak cross stitch patterns! I may add an extra sheep, change the colours or in the latest example miss out a twee house and snowman that has no place in a bear forest but I don't do it to cause offence. If I didn't like the pattern I wouldn't buy it and I certainly wouldn't spend hours stitching it... I also always give credit to the designer for their work.

It got me thinking. Which is worse? Designing a pattern that no one buys or designing a pattern that people love and buy but change in some way?! I like to think the former but then I haven't published a pattern ... yet. 

I think it is time that I gave something back. Over the years I've collected many free cross stitch patterns from the web. I have an idea for a freebie collection. It'll be a while but I hope to publish later in the year.