Wednesday 25 June 2014

New Goals and Objectives

I recently saw an extract from a series of patterns by Carriage House Samplers called Hawk Run Hollow. About the same time I saw a picture of a huge cross stitch made from various Little House Needlework patterns. So now I've decided to do the same with the Hawk Run Hollow series. There are twelve houses in the pattern called Houses of Hawk Run Hollow and twelve more pictures in the pattern called Village of Hawk Run Hollow. This should keep me out of mischief for quite a while! When I need a break from this I can do a bit on the Hummingbird Afghan. 

I've also set myself a target to teach myself 30 new embroidery stitches in the next three months. I'll be sharing my stitching progress and what I've learnt with you as I go. This will motivate me to continue and it will give the reader the ability to correct my technique!

I'd like to keep a record of my progress in some sort of stitch book. Maybe something like the old fashioned button book that is pictured on my Pinterest Board but with stitches instead of buttons! I am still thinking about the best way to do this. Please let me know if you have created a Stitch Book and how you did it. I'd love to see a picture.

All of this is a precursor to my stitching resolutions for 2015: 

(1) Learn some more stitches;
(2) Attempt some (simple) stumpwork; and,
(3) Try quilting for the first time.