Thursday 23 January 2014

Difficult Decisions


The downside of sorting out my craft corner is that some things just have to go. 

Now I've never been able to find the sewing accessories that I want and so I've been designing my own for years. I now have more pincushions, needlecases, needlerests, hussifs, project bags etc. than I know what to do with. 

For me, the pleasure is in the design phase and the embroidery. Dare I say it, the making up is more of a chore. 

More often than not, by the time that I've completed something, I've had another design idea and so I just stash the item in the cupboard and move onto the next one. Consequently, I have a cupboard full of my creations. 

Actually, I get around to using very few of them. Sometimes I'll try out a new design alongside my favourites. So, what to do with the excess?

Motivated by the comments of friends and colleagues I decided to auction some items on a well known auction site. I had two objectives, clear some space and perhaps make some money to cover some of the cost of the raw materials and to give to my favourite charities.

I really wasn't sure what response I would get, if any.


My First Sale

Yesterday, I completed my first sale....

This is what I sold.








































It is a needlecase embroidered with birds and a little magnetic needle rest with a similar theme. 

I am so excited! I've just finished wrapping it. My next stop is the post office. 

I had no idea how nervous I'd be. I do hope that the buyer is not disappointed with their purchase!