Wednesday 15 January 2014

Pincushion and Needlecase Sets for 2014

I am continuing to organise my hobby corner. Having chosen to store my threads in wooden boxes, I've now decided to continue the wooden storage theme. I've just finished sorting and storing my general sewing cottons, scissors, pins etc. into an old wooden concertina sewing box. 

I am always designing and making sewing accessories. I like to try out different styles because I've never found exactly what I want in the shops. 


I've chosen two Needlecase and Pincushion sets for my sewing box.




This is the set that I grab when I am replacing a lost button or repairing a hem.

I made this little set about three years ago when I was experimenting with some different stitches. Each item is made out of orange felt with a simple design of grass and a sheep or two! It is quick and easy to make using an offcut of felt, straight stitches, french knots and blanket stitch. I made it one Saturday afternoon.


The Needlecase opens up with a little pocket for a needle threader and a space for storing needles.





I'll show you the other set tomorrow.