Tuesday 21 January 2014

The Announcement (tweaked)




I've just finished my Moira Blackburn sampler. The sampler is sold as a birth sampler and assumes that you will record baby names and dates etc. I don't often sew samplers but I fell in love with this pattern as soon as I saw it. 

This time it was the lovely border with the birds and animals that caught my attention. Of course I loved the sheep too! 

I stitched the majority of the pattern last year but I didn't know what to put in the centre. I don't do angels so those had to go, but then what? 

I decided upon a quote that I've been planning to sew for a while 'live well, laugh often, love much'. I planned to put the full quote in the middle but I didn't like the result, it was just too crowded so I settled upon a larger font and the shortened version.