Monday 24 February 2014

Crow Project Folder

The next thing that I wanted to create was a folder for my current stitching project. I didn't want to repeat the same cross stitch pattern but I wanted to keep the crow and seasonal theme to match the Crow Hussif. 

I wanted something that would sit on the arm of my favourite chair that would hold everything that I need to stitch a cross stitch 'small.' 

I wanted something that would keep it clean and safe from muddy paw prints when I wasn't stitching and something that would double as a thread catcher when I was stitching. 

This is what I made. 

For the front I took the ground and the crows from the original pattern and added a scarecrow and pumpkins. 


For the back I chose sunflowers, strawberries, corn and more crows.


For consistency, I used the same thread palette and added new colours where necessary. I also adopted the same green cross stitch frame and the same brown felt lining.