Wednesday 12 February 2014

New Needlebook

I've needed somewhere to store my collection of gold needles for quite for a while so I decided to design something. 

I wanted something that is pretty. 

I wanted something big enough to store my whole collection of gold needles. 

I wanted something that specified the size of each needle.

I wanted something that would remind me of the recommended fabric count for each size of needle because I can never remember!  

I decided on a 'Tree of Life' theme.

This is what I made. 


The cover features a Joan Elliott pattern stitched in DMC threads on 18ct cream aida. I added the additional text in a very simple font using the same red as the designer recommended for the apples. I chose brown felt for the back and a pretty glass bead and leather loop for the catch. 

I'll show you the inside of the Needlebook tomorrow.