Monday 24 March 2014

Garden Bird Project Bag

I began to design my own sewing accessories when I couldn't find exactly what I wanted in the stores. 

I wanted to make a project bag. 

I wanted a bag that wasn't too large. Just big enough to hold my cross stitch 'small', magnetic pattern board, pattern, scissors, threads and other sewing accessories. Something pretty that could sit on the table in the sitting room when not in use and look nice. 

I wanted an organiser bag to avoid everything slipping to the bottom of the bag. I get so annoyed wasting good stitching time hunting for tools at the bottom of bags!

I decided on a bird theme. This is what I made. 



The front features a detailed cross stitch of two garden birds and red berries. It is an extract from a book called 'Animals in Cross Stitch' by Jayne Netley Mayhew and Nicki Wheeler. 

The bag is made from black felt with a cord handle. It is approximately A5 size. 

I'll show you more tomorrow.