Tuesday 4 March 2014

Oh Dear! When things go wrong they really go wrong

Before finishing the box lid I washed both pieces of embroidery and horror of horrors, the colour ran. I've not had this problem before but then I've never used DMC 115 before. Arrgh! Be warned!

Then things went from bad to worse. When I joined the two pieces together I got it wrong and the bird inside the lid was upside down when the box was opened. Being a perfectionist I couldn't just ignore this and leave it like that. 

There was nothing left to do but unpick my back stitches joining the two pieces together. It is at times like this that I am so glad that I always take the time to blanket stitch the edges of my stitching. It makes them that bit stronger and able to withstand more handling. Even with the stitching the edges were beginning to fray away. 

I think I need a break from this now. I'll pick it up again later in the week. Very carefully!